Enlightenment is a fun fantasy piece with a little bit of a pun. Its origin goes way back to the late 1960s when I was in my Beardsley phase doing complex pen and ink drawing. I did a pen and ink that was to be used as a bookplate, shown here:
Here is another piece I did in the same period, this one as a wine bottle label.
In 2007 this fantasy creature decided that he needed to escape 2D and get into 3D. What I like about this piece is the whimsy and the fun textures. The top actually holds a candle to help him read his book. Thus the title, Enlightenment, is a pun.
And here is the video. The price is $3225. <<<Manjinder, please put quote button here>>>
He is an edition of 15 and measures 6” W x 11” L x 14.5” H.
- First Ascent
- Nevertheless she persisted
- Bacchanalian Swing
- Judith and Holofernes
- Sheep may safely graze
- Pen and Ink drawing of wine bottle label
- International Bull Market
- Dragon Games
- Al Dente
- Lion Head in Plaster of Paris
- Not legal in California — ceramic
- Lionheart, half man, half lion
- 3 minute sketch
- Pen and Ink of Yin-Yang Smith Chart